The Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department is proud to provide the community with access to its City-owned tennis courts and is responsible for reservations and court maintenance. For more information on court reservations or any other inquiries, please call (650) 780-7311.
Tennis Court Reservation Policy
A. General Information and Rules
1. Redwood City Tennis Courts are free and open to the public on a first come, first served basis for the enjoyment of players, 7 days a week from dawn to dusk. Lighted courts are open until 10:00pm. Tennis Courts may also be reserved – please see the reservation policies listed in Section B.
Redwood City Tennis Courts are located in the following parks:
2. All patrons must abide by court rules and regulations (posted on entrance to courts), and use common sense and courtesy in their application.
3. No person shall provide or offer tennis lessons for compensation on City-owned tennis courts except as part of and approved as a City-sponsored program - RWC Muni code section 25.2.03(A)(9) and 25.2.02(N)
4. No individual may solely occupy and use a court if two or more individuals are waiting to play on that court.
5. No person shall play a sport other than tennis on City-owned tennis courts unless expressly allowed via permit issued by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department. This shall include skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling, etc.
6. No dogs are allowed on courts.
7. Only tennis shoes and non-marking soled shoes are allowed on the tennis courts.
8. All steel raquets must have guards.